Friday, April 22, 2016

Course Correction

Huh. Fell into a trap. This blog started as an anonymous place to unpack some stuff in my head. To think about events and ideas out loud and on paper. Or screens. Whatever. To get out of my head.

The anonymous part is done. Too late. Might go and start from scratch elsewhere, but not yet.

Here's the deal, I've been writing less because I've been trying to be a writer. Classic trap. Trying to say the right thing, of the right relevance, in the right way...

That's not what this corner of cyberspace is for. It's not for marketing or branding or useful insight or polished anything. Time to let it be a little more internal vomit (writers would say stream of consciousness) and about what fascinates me, not what I think would interest readers.

Since the ICITAP contract, I've been playing inside my comfort zone with maybe 3/5 of my life. That's not me. Time to cut closer to the bone in writing and in real life.

More to follow.

7 comments:

The European Historical Combat Guild said...

Not comparing. However I look at the drafts on my own blog and can think the same... lots of what i consider... "good" ideas that I am waiting to.... polish..... before publishing...
Anyway I look forward to more of your internal vomiting and you've given me a prod to get back a vomit myself.....
Cheers

Brandon said...

Hell yeah.

Mike said...

Damned straight. Good to have you back, Rory.

Unknown said...

Let the Technicolor yawning begin!

It is what keeps us coming back.

Maija said...

Excellent

Agent Cbeppa said...

Awesome. I'll quit bugging you about insignificant details and let you think out loud more :)

pax said...

Playing safe is only playing.