Sunday, April 23, 2006

Smelling the Spring Wind

Wind whips over the tall grass. Last night Mt. Hood was a pale blue shadow against a barely darkening sky. Brilliant stars in the darkness, shiny white clouds in the blue.

The sky, the universe, is all as it should be. If the gate to Heaven, bliss, nirvana were to open right now I wouldn't enter.

I love being human and living in a human-sized world with human problems and human joys. I love the connection of humans with compassion listening and helping each other, even if the problems aren't that real. I love the taste and feel of good food and the burn of honest, real pain. What could paradise offer that could equal a drink of cold water in the back of your throat?

I love being flawed and challenged and struggling. That is what life is and I am loath to give it up. All around are beautiful, passionate human people, too often blind to their own wonder.

If angels and gods are watching us, they are watching us with envy.

3 comments:

Kami said...

Yes.

The Moody Minstrel said...

"I love being flawed and challenged and struggling"

Well said.

Do you mind if I borrow that?

Anonymous said...

Just plain, "wow"!